AFFILIATION : Paul Sabatier University - France THEME : Satellite image time series and in situ data : application to agriculture. SUMMARY
The Sentinel-2 satellite mission, developed by the European Space Agency (ESA) for the Copernicus program of the European Union, provides repetitive (every 2 to 5 days) multi-spectral observations of all Earth land surfaces at a high resolution (10 to 20 meters) since July 2015. From 2002 to 2015, CESBio has layed out a regional spatial observatory, to get Satellite Image Time Series (SITS) close to Sentinel-2 ones and in situ data of annual crops. We intensively use these data and the first ones of Sentinel-2 and Sentinel-1 for several topics. The first one concern the land cover mapping of annual crops, elaborated after harvesting. New activities try to produce these maps during the crop season. Another kind of mapping now concern the intercropping period ; for environnemental purposes, it is very usefull to characterize the soil tillage, the bare soil and the different kind of vegetation (regrowths, cover crops). The second major topic is the estimation of biophysical variables like Green Area Index, Biomass, Yield and then, with the help of simple agrometeorological models (like SAFY), the estimation of C, Greenhousegases and water budget, at local and regional levels. As for crop mapping, we develop different approaches in near-real time (in season) or after harvest estimations. Major results on sunflower, wheat, maize and winter oilseed rape will be presented.
• Borned 1970 April 22th.
• Research Ingenior: CNRS.
• Research Laboratory: Centre d’Etudes Spatiales de la BIOsphère (Umr5126).
• Current research interests: land cover classification of crops and cover crops, biophysical variables of annual crops (green area index, biomass, yield…), prediction of yield (sunflower), in season monitoring of oilseedrape, forest biomass, semi natural vegetation cartography, regional agronomic diagnosis.
• 1993 : agronomist engineer, Institut National Agronomique Paris Grignon
• 1999 : PhD in agronomy, Institut National Agronomique Paris Grignon
• 2000-2005: Research and development for agriculture extensive services in Rhône-Alpes
• 2006-2014: Responsible of the ‘Regional Spatial Observatory’ (observation service labeled by INSU)
• 2015-now: Correspondant for CESBio for the PYGAR Zone Atelier.
• 2015-now. Regional animator for THEIA in Occitanie.